Monday, April 11, 2011

Jasmine Rice, Turkey Bacon, Scrambled Eggs with Roasted Green Chili Salsa on Flour Tortillas

So, being that I am a lover of all things breakfast, I decided to share one of my favorite things to eat in the morning.  This is an extremely easy recipe to make and truthfully requires little effort on the cook's part.  I may or may not (consider that may) be famous for my scrambled eggs so breakfast is EXTREMELY enjoyable for me!  What you will need:

2 Eggs (I use one whole egg and one egg white)
3 Pieces of Turkey Bacon (I know that is blasphemy for you Nate!)
1/2 c Jasmine Rice
3/4 c Water
2 - 3 Tbsp. Jared Roasted Green Chili Salsa
2 - 6" Flour Tortillas    
1 tsp. Butter (I prefer ICBINB)
1 Splash Milk (We use skim/fat free)

I use a rice cooker to make the rice and the best mixture that I have found is 1 part rice to 1 1/2 parts water.  So, for this recipe, I use 1/2 c rice and 3/4 c water. 

For the eggs, combine the egg and egg white with the splash of milk and beat until mixed.  Melt the butter in the skillet to keep the eggs from sticking and burning.  The key to having beautiful fluffy eggs is to continually keep them in motion so they don't have time to stick and burn.  (Eggs do not have to be discolored to be burned, if they get too hot the flavor profile will be completely different.)

Cook bacon to desired crispiness while you make the eggs.  (I know this requires multitasking but if I can do it, anyone can!) 

There are two ways that you can warm up the tortillas.  The easiest one is to clean and re-use the same pan that you made the bacon on.  If you really want to test your skills, and perhaps your smoke detectors sensitivity, you can sweep them over an open flame.

Once everything is cooked, divide evenly into freshly warmed tortillas, top with the roasted green chili salsa and enjoy!

- Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment