1 Pound of penne
1-2 Cans of crushed tomatoes
1 Med. onion, chopped
3/4 Tsp. of crushed red pepper
1-2 Garlic cloves, chopped
1 Tbsp. sugar, salt
Chopped basil leaves
1 Pint heavy cream
1/4 Cup vodka (or more)
Here is how to put it all together.
1. Saute the chopped onions in EVOO. Once they are clear, add the chopped garlic.
2. Add crushed tomatoes. (1 can for 2 people, 2 cans for 4 people.)
3. Add red pepper, salt, sugar, and basil.
4. Simmer sauce for 30 minutes, or longer.
5. Add vodka and let the mixture simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Cook penne and add cream to sauce. Sauce should be ready when penne is cooked to al dente.
There is no picture to accompany this recipe because as soon as we make it, it is gone! Enjoy!